Connemara Part 2
After my last post we had an API excursion to the Connemara. It was raining when we left, which it does most days because I live in Ireland. Juliann and I had done the same trip the weekend before to Kylemore Abbey with Megan and her friends from home. We were considering not going, but the offer of free lunch made it all too tempting, so we dragged ourselves out of bed (after the 90's party the night before it was a little difficult). We found out that API Dublin was joining us on our trip so we were going to have a full bus. Juliann and I slept through most of the scenery, it was better the weekend before when it was sunny. We stopped off at a pub and people got tea and coffee, and then at the oyster harvest place where we saw a FULL rainbow, which was amazing!!!!! When we got to Kylemore Abbey it was still raining so Juliann and I decided to go and get our lunch before doing anything else, again because we saw it the weekend before. I got Irish Stew and Chocolate Cake with tea. Can you say YUM! We had lunch in the sun room by the Abbey where we had a great view of the mountains. We then sat back and read out books until it was time to leave and go home. Once I got home I called my mom because it was her birthday and I think she was surprised for the phone call. Later that night Juliann, Megan, and I watched Braveheart and had a movie night.
 |
| View from the Pub |
 |
| FULL RAINBOW!!!! |
 |
| Chocolate Cake and Irish Stew |
 |
| Sun Room |
 |
| Kylemore Abbey |
No comments:
Post a Comment