Friday, 23 March 2012

New Friends

Juliann's friends from home (currently studying abroad in Italy) came to visit for the weekend. After I finished my essays for class we took them for a tour of Galway. We went to Charlie Barn's Bookstore. It is this really awesome book store that is not very organized. Out side of the real store are shelves that follow the store around the inside of the mall and there are hundreds of used books for sale. You can find books that are super old or brand new. I like the books that are 1 or 2 euros. 
The outside of the bookstore
After the bookstore we went for lunch at Garvey's where we got the classic Irish soup with home made brown bread. It is awesome every time that I get it. We also took them to the Galway Museum, which if you have been reading my blog I apparently go to a lot. It was probably my fourth or fifth time going (it is also a small museum that you can see in like 30 minutes). It is fun to take people there because it describes a lot of the history of the city and has many artifacts from the old days. 
The name tags that everyone wore
Later that night it was Megan's roommate, Helen's, 21st Birthday party! Before the party we went to a small performance from some students at the local college at Kelly's Pub. It was fun to watch them play and a few were really awesome! There was also a group who preformed that had been together since college and were now playing at many pubs all over Ireland. They were awesome and I wish I could find some of their music online, sadly I forgot the name of the band. After the performances we headed over to the Pub, The Front Door, to meet up with the rest of the party. We stayed until closing and then went back to Megan's to continue the party until the wee hours of the morning. 
One of the Bands!
I made it into college the next morning and successfully took notes in class. Later that night we had a girls night consisting of food (WINGS!!!), movies, and fun. It was a night to chill out after the wild party the night before. 
Our floor/bed to watch movies!
The next day Juliann's friends left to go to another party of Ireland and Megan, Juliann, and I went to the library to do Megan's taxes!!!!!! I had way too much fun with that! We then watched another movie that night and again had a chill night (St. Patrick's Day was the next day so we didn't want to get too ahead of ourselves). 

No comments:

Post a Comment