Thursday, 26 January 2012

Rainy Days and Sunny Moments

Tuesday Night
So after writing about my boring Tuesday we decided to make it fun and go out to a pub called The Crane. They had traditional music night where a bunch of people from Galway all get together and play traditional Irish music every week. We got our drinks and listened to them for a few hours before calling it a night and heading home. On the way home Juliann and I decided it was in our best interest to stop at Supermax on our way home (their version of McDonalds). We decided we needed to try it once... and for me once is enough. I'm not a huge fan of fast food so I think I will stick to a snack when I come home instead. 

Wednesday
Finally had my first Economic Development class of the semester (my teacher had been canceling it the last two weeks.... still not sure why) Anyways I am supposed to have it for two hours Wednesday mornings, one hour Wednesday afternoon, and one hour on thursdays but now my teacher thought it would be in our best interest to have it for two and a half hours on Wednesday mornings which means we will be getting there for 8:30 a.m. and only have to go until 11 a.m. and then be done for the week. My class agreed and the trade off of only having the class once a week for an extra long time will give me more of an opportunity to travel on Thursdays!!! The class so far seems interesting and like nothing I have ever had before so I am excited for it. So after class I went food shopping... yea exciting! Also I have decided that I am horrible at figuring out Irish weather... I went out in boots that collect water like a puddle, but when I left it was sunny and when I was coming home it was raining hence my boots drying by the heater... again. After shopping I made dinner and then hung around with my roommates for the rainy night. 

Thursday
This morning I woke up to someone doing out house inspection. Good news we passed! We keep the house relatively clean most days so we were not worried. Anyways I had my first tutorial for history today and I think the Irish student teaching it thinks I am an American Idiot because I can't remember all of the parts of the Amendment. I am sorry for being a numbers person not a history buff. I also misjudged the weather again and wore the wrong boots outside and had a river running through my boots on the walk again. On a brighter note I met a new friend today walking back. His name is Cahaill (well I think thats how it is spelled). Anyways he is on crutches  and looked lonely walking back by himself so I decided to make a new friend. He hurt his knee playing sports and seemed very happy to have a new walking buddy for the 35 minute walk back home (we live in the same student living area). After getting home I had dinner and then hung around with my roommates again for the night. We are going to bed early tonight because tomorrow we are leaving the house at 5:45 a.m. to get a bus to Cork and then go to Blarney Castle and kiss the Blarney Stone! Goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment